- Before completing this process, please ensure all desired data is local & accounted for. (Main Restore guide HERE ) -
- If you are a member of a group, it is not necessary to complete all of the following steps. Since all new backups created by group members are licensed automatically via the group billing, you will merely need to complete steps 1 through 3 to delete the old backup.
To transfer a license from one backup to another in your account, follow these steps:
1. Visit https://secure.backblaze.com/user_signin.htm and sign in to your Backblaze account with your email address and password.
2. Click on the "Preferences" link on the left-hand side navigation.
3. Click the "Delete Backup" link to the right of the computer Backup's name that you wish to delete. This will irreversibly delete the backed up data for this installation. If you are a member of a group, this is the last step that you need to complete.
4. Select the "Overview" link on the left side navigation.
5. Select the "Use License" button next to your new computer.