Each new installation of the Backblaze software creates a unique Backblaze ID and backup. This prevents a new installation of the Backblaze software from mistakenly overwriting an existing backup. A new installation of the Backblaze software under an existing account will run as a 15 day trial and start a new initial backup.
To delete an old backup and free the paid license, follow this guide. After the old backup has been deleted, open the Backblaze Preference pane on the computer, and select the "Already bought?" link to apply the license.
To inherit the original backup and license from the new installation, follow this guide.
If the above do not resolve the licensing, review the following:
Check the email address with which you installed the product:
* Open the Backblaze Preference pane on the computer.
* Confirm what email address is shown in the upper right (mac) or left (win) corner.
Check the email address with which you purchased:
* Sign-in with the email address from the Backblaze Preference pane.
* See if the computer appears and if there is an Unused License.
* If unable to sign-in, the subscription may have paid with a different email address. Try alternate email addresses.
Articles in this section
- Tax Collection and Fees for the Asia-Pacific Region
- Tax Collection and Fees for Canada
- How do I purchase a license for my trial installation?
- How to Change your Billing Plan
- Taxes and Fees
- Reseller Exemption: Tax Collection and Fees in the US
- Tax Collection and Fees for the US
- Setting Up Extended Version History
- Paid Account Receiving Expired Trial Alerts
- Transaction History and Invoices