Your Backup is Safety Frozen
What is Safety Freeze? Why did this occur?
Safety Freeze is a feature that protects people from losing their backed up data when errors occur. Backblaze detected a major inconsistency between the data on your computer and the data on the servers, and "froze" the state of your backup.
It can be caused by running the same Backblaze installation from multiple locations (due to Migration Assistant, or cloning software), but other factors can cause it, such as restoring from an older local backup.
What do I do next?
The first step will be to determine if you have lost any data. If you have, immediately prepare a restore of any and all missing data. For information on how to do so, please refer here.
Once you have restored all of your missing data, or if you have determined you do not need to, you can move on to resolving the Safety Freeze.
Resolving the Safety Freeze
To start, the Backblaze software will need to be uninstalled and reinstalled. Here are the steps:
1. Reboot your computer to make sure all Backblaze files are unlocked.
2. Uninstall Backblaze.
• Mac -- Hold down option and click on the Backblaze menu bar icon and choose Uninstall.
• Windows -- use the Add/Remove Programs utility to remove Backblaze.
3. Visit https://secure.backblaze.com/user_signin.htm and sign in to your Backblaze account with your email address and password.
4. On the "Overview" page, select the appropriate download link for your operating system at the bottom right hand corner
5. Run the installer you downloaded.
Don't stop here! There are still a few more steps to complete.
Each new installation of the Backblaze software creates a unique Backblaze ID and backup. This prevents a new installation of the Backblaze software from mistakenly overwriting an existing backup. The new installation of Backblaze installed on the system will be running as a 15 day trial because the license is still tied to the frozen backup. At this juncture, there are two options to move forward: inherit the frozen backup and license using the Inherit Backup State feature OR remove the frozen backup and transfer the license.