To download your snapshot, please sign in to Backblaze at:
Click on the “Download” button adjacent to the snapshot you want to download.
Unzip for Windows
If you are running Windows, please note that if your zip file contains non-english file names or is larger than 2GB in size, it may not be able to open using the built-in Windows zip utility. For best results we recommend using 7-zip, which can be found here: http://www.7-zip.org/. An alternative to 7-zip, WinRar can be found here: http://www.rarlab.com/.
Unzip for Mac
You do not need to install any third-party utility on the Mac. Just double-click the .zip file in the Finder to launch Apple’s built-in Archive Utility. If you are having difficulties using Archive Utility, we recommend using Betterzip, which can be found here: http://macitbetter.com/.
Unzip for Non-Mac OS X or Windows Operating Systems
For operating systems other than Mac OS X or Windows, you can use an Info-ZIP 6.00 compliant unzip tool, like the one found here: http://www.info-zip.org/UnZip.html.
USB Hard Drive
You can order a USB hard drive that contains the data from your snapshot. The files inside the USB restore will already be unzipped.
To order a USB snapshot restore, please sign into Backblaze at: https://secure.backblaze.com/user_signin.htm?&hopto=b2_snapshots.htm. Make sure you are at the 'Snapshots' page.
You can order a USB Hard Drive for $189 and up to 7,000,000 MB of user data on an 8TB drive.
As of March 2018, the Restore Return Refund program also applies to B2 snapshots restores.
Articles in this section
- How to Upload Files to B2 Using Fireball
- How to find Unfinished Large Files in your account
- B2 Mobile App Overview - iOS
- B2 Mobile App Overview - Android
- Getting Started with Instant Recovery in Any Cloud - DR Planning with Veeam and phoenixNAP
- How to setup Vultr Compute with Backblaze B2
- B2 & AWS CLI User Guide
- Guide to using Backblaze Fireball with Iconik Internet Storage Gateway (ISG)
- How to order a Snapshot Drive
- Why do I need to verify my email address to create a public bucket?