Backblaze’s Instant Recovery in Any Cloud solution provides businesses an easy and massively flexible path to as-soon-as-possible disaster recovery in the event of a ransomware attack or a natural disaster. The solution works through a pre-built code package IT staff can use to create a digital mirror image of the infrastructure they have deployed on-premises. So if disaster strikes--and sadly, we know it often does--teams can run the code to quickly bring up an orchestrated combination of on-demand servers, firewalls, networking, storage, and other infrastructure in Any Cloud, drawing data over immediately from Veeam® Backup & Replication™ backups... with zero egress fees between the integrated components so businesses can get back on line with minimal disruption or expense. Put simply, it’s a pay-as-you-go path to a rock solid disaster recovery plan.
The solution requires customers to have basic knowledge of Ansible, Git and Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Pull the Git Repo located at: Backblaze-B2-Samples/veeam-instant-recovery-ansible: Collection of Ansible modules for interacting with the Bare Metal Cloud API (github.com) down to your computer.
- Follow the steps in the Readme file to provision the 2 servers you need for instant recovery.
Once you have your Veeam Windows box and your ESXi Server up, proceed to RDP into your Windows box and install Veeam Backup and Replication. Then follow the guide here on how to recover: Veeam VM Recovery from Backblaze B2 – Backblaze Help
Articles in this section
- How to Upload Files to B2 Using Fireball
- How to find Unfinished Large Files in your account
- B2 Mobile App Overview - iOS
- B2 Mobile App Overview - Android
- Getting Started with Instant Recovery in Any Cloud - DR Planning with Veeam and phoenixNAP
- How to setup Vultr Compute with Backblaze B2
- B2 & AWS CLI User Guide
- Guide to using Backblaze Fireball with Iconik Internet Storage Gateway (ISG)
- How to order a Snapshot Drive
- Why do I need to verify my email address to create a public bucket?