The Restore Return Refund program is for Personal Backup and Business Backup customers who do not need to keep a USB drive after they've recovered their lost data. Backblaze offers refunds for returned drives ($189 for USB hard drives) within 30 days of receiving the drive, effectively making the process of restoring free!
This is a great option if a customer needs to restore a large amount of data but does not need to keep the USB drive after the recovery.
A few things to note:
• The 30 day timer starts the day you receive the drive, and stops when the returned drive is postmarked.
• To make sure this program remains available to all Backblaze Personal Backup and Business Backup customers, there is a limit of 5 returned drives per account per 12 month period. You're free to order as many as you want, however only 5 of them can be returned.
• Customers are responsible for return shipping costs back to Backblaze, and for customers outside of the USA, Backblaze will not pay for taxes, duties, customs or fees. Arrange to have them prepaid before shipping or billed to the shipper (you). Packages that arrive postage due, or have taxes, fees, duties, customs or fees upon delivery will be refused. All USB restores are prepared and shipped from the U.S., even if your data is stored in a non-U.S. data center.
• It's not necessary to ship with a fast and potentially expensive service, however we do recommend that you use one that supports a tracking number in case the package does not arrive. If you can specify delivery days with your shipper, please note Backblaze can not receive shipments on Saturdays or Sundays. Returns can not be dropped off in person.
• Once the drive has been received, the refund will be processed within a few business days. A status email for refunds is typically sent depending on account settings. The Billing page will also reflect the refund. Refunds will be sent to the same card that was used to purchase the drive.
To take advantage of this program, place a USB drive order using the standard process. Once you're ready to return the drive within 30 days of receiving it, erase the drive, pack it back in the inner box, including any cables or power adapters that were included. Please do not include any packing peanuts.
Include a print out of your Billing page from the Backblaze account that placed the order for the USB drive. To access the Billing page, sign in to your Backblaze account, navigate to "Billing" on the left column, and click the "Print" button. Make sure the USB drive purchase shows up on that page - if it does not, you may be signed in to the incorrect account. Returns without a printout of the correct billing information may not be able to be returned.
To return the drive, ship to:
Backblaze Restore Refund
500 Ben Franklin Ct.
San Mateo, CA 94401
Note: Returns can not be dropped off in person.
Backblaze can not refund any customs, fees, tariffs, taxes or duties leveraged by the recipient's government, however you may be able to apply for a refund if you paid anything additional upon delivery. Information for Canadian, UK, EU, and Japanese customers.
Articles in this section
- How to Create a Restore from Your Backblaze Backup
- Apple Address Book Restore Guide
- How to Check the Status of your Restore Drive
- Downloading a Restore
- How do I find the Unlock Code/Encryption Key for my Snapshot drive?
- How to move files from your Restore to your Local Hard Drive.
- I have Extended Version History, how can I find my files?
- How to Order a Restore Drive
- How do I delete files from my Restore Drive?
- Unzip a zip file in Windows