Backblaze Online Backup supports and has client software for these operating systems
Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows 11 (Windows 11 offers 64-bit only)
Mac OS X
El Capitan 10.11.x*
* While still supported by Backblaze, the lack of security updates from Apple and the expiry of root security certs on these systems will require additional steps, discussed here.
High Sierra 10.13.x
Big Sur 11
Backblaze includes native support for M1 Macs
Operating Systems that are not supported
Windows Server of any variety, including SBS
Windows XP (Backblaze support ended August 1, 2019)
Windows Vista (Backblaze support ended August 1, 2019)
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger (Backblaze support ended February 1, 2013)
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard (Backblaze support ended August 1, 2019)
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (Backblaze support ended August 1, 2019)
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (Backblaze support ended August 1, 2019)
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion (Backblaze support ended April 1st, 2021)
Mac OS X Server (10.9 and greater) can be backed up, but not all Server specific areas are allowed for backup, hence it is considered unsupported.
Linux, BSD, Unix and other *nix systems.
These operating systems are not supported and the Backblaze software cannot be installed on them.
Alpha, Beta, Prerelease, and Preview operating systems
These operating systems are not supported. While Backblaze may be able to be installed, features, performance, and validity of backups may not have been tested.
Articles in this section
- Two Factor Verification
- Settings Overview (Win)
- Settings Overview (Mac)
- Issues and Reports (Win)
- Apple-specified Exclusions
- Installing the Backup Client on macOS 10.14 and Later
- How to Install Backblaze on (Win)
- Adding Backblaze to Bitdefender's Allowances
- Adding Backblaze to Windows Defender Allowances
- Can I have multiple regions under one account?