Apple's iCloud Drive can be backed up to Backblaze on Mac as long as the files are saved locally on the computer itself and not stored solely in the cloud. To be sure your iCloud Drive files are stored on your computer and can be backed up by Backblaze, make sure the "Optimize Mac Storage" feature, which moves files off the computer to free up space, is disabled.
Where are my iCloud Drive files in my backup?
If your local folders (such as Documents) are synced to iCloud Drive, their files will appear in their normal locations on your computer (i.e. /Users/[username]/Documents) and will be backed up there by Backblaze. See this guide for assistance in navigating through your backup.
Any other iCloud Drive files that are not synced from your local folders (like Documents or Desktop) can be found at, /Users/[username]/Library/Mobile Documents/ and should exist in this same location in your backup. As a note, /Users/[username]/Library/ is usually a hidden folder on your computer, but should show up normally in your backup.
Articles in this section
- How to only backup select folders
- How to backup OneDrive on Mac
- Why is my Veracrypt software preventing my drive from backing up?
- Box Drive files cannot be backed up by Backblaze on Mac
- Will Backblaze back up iCloud Drive on Mac?
- Will Backblaze backup the iCloud drive on Windows?
- Network Management - Wi-Fi Block List
- Can Backblaze backup my OneDrive folder? (Windows)
- Backing Up a Boot Camp Partition
- Backblaze and Bootcamp