Files synced using Box Drive (created by Box) cannot be backed up by Backblaze on Mac.
The Box folder is mounted as a virtual drive and Backblaze is unable to back up virtual drives. Even though there is a setting to make files “available offline”, the files are saved in a way which prevents Backblaze from being able to back them up normally.
You may want to consider these alternatives:
- Explore other cloud sync services which store files in a standard folder, or
- Manually copy files to a local folder (e.g. Documents) where they can be detected
and backed up by Backblaze, or
- Let Box Drive files remain backed up through Box while Backblaze backs up the
rest of your other files
Articles in this section
- MacOS 10.14 and later FAQ
- Why is my Vercrypt software preventing my drive from backing up?
- Box Drive files cannot be backed up by Backblaze on Mac
- Will Backblaze back up iCloud Drive on Mac?
- Will Backblaze backup the iCloud drive on Windows?
- Network Management - Wi-Fi Block List
- Can Backblaze backup my OneDrive folder? (Windows)
- Backing Up a Boot Camp Partition
- Backblaze and Bootcamp
- How Can I Back Up MAMP? (Mac)