You have the right to object to, or restrict, our processing of the personal data associated with your account. Here is how we will work with such a request.
Personal Data Backblaze Requires to Operate
Backblaze only processes personal data associated with your account to the degree necessary to provide you the Backblaze product(s) or service(s) you are using. For example, we collect and use your computer name to provide you with the ability to navigate and restore the data we store for you.
The following personal data fall into this category:
- email address (except as noted in the Marketing Email section below)
- last-4 digits of credit card
- credit card expiry date
- computer name(s)
- drive name(s) assigned to each computer
A request to object to, or restrict, processing of the above personal data will not apply to these data items. You can cancel your Backblaze account if this does not meet your expectations.
Optional Features and Personal Data
There are product features (listed below) you can choose to use. By default we do not collect this personal data. By activating one of the features listed you are giving Backblaze consent to collect and store the personal data associated with each feature. You can subsequently withdraw your consent if you do not wish Backblaze to collect the personal data associated with the feature you activated.
- Locate-my-Computer --> TCP/IP Address: Your TCP/IP address is collected and used when you activate the Locate-my-Computer feature in the Backblaze Computer Backup and Backblaze Business Backup products. When you activate this feature, we capture and store your TCP/IP address for the purpose of tracking your computer if it ever lost or stolen. You may withdraw your consent to collect your TCP/IP address by turning off this feature.
- Two-Factor Verification --> Phone Number: If you activate the two-factor verification feature you will be required to enter a valid mobile phone number during set-up. We will capture and store this phone number as a means to notify you as you requested when setting up the two-factor verification feature. You can withdraw your consent to use your phone number by disabling the two-factor verification feature.
- Restore by Mail --> Name, Address, City/Country/Zipcode/Postalcode: You can elect to Restore your data by ordering a USB hard drive or USB flash drive. The personal data noted are required to fulfill this request. We will retain this data from that point forward unless you withdraw your consent to use the data.
When you created your Backblaze account you opted-in to receive Marketing emails from Backblaze. We use your email address for this activity. If you no longer wish to receive Marketing Emails from Backblaze, you can take one of two actions:
1. You can use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each Marketing Email, or
2. You can sign in to your Backblaze account and select the unsubscribe link in the My Settings panel.
By performing one of the above options, your email address will no longer be used to send you Marketing Email. It will still be used to support other product functionality such as the account sign-in process.
Object to, or Restrict Your Personal Data
You can object to, or restrict, our ability to process your personal data. We will honor your request based on the discussion above. Below are two options for making such a request:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the email address of your Backblaze account for which you wish to withdraw your consent. Please specify the scope of your request. You will be required to demonstrate ownership of the account in question before proceeding.
- File a Backblaze Help request. If you log in to your Backblaze account before you submit the request it will process faster, otherwise you will be required to demonstrate ownership of the account in question before proceeding.