Backblaze can help recover your lost computer or stolen laptop by tracking it, if and when it connects to a network again. However, if you prefer not to grant Backblaze access to your computer's location, the feature can be disabled.
To disable this feature at the account level, log into your account here and click the Locate My Computer link on the left side of the page. Click the Turn Off button on the right side to disable this feature and stop all tracking.
Once this feature has been disabled at the account level, each Backblaze installation registered to the account will automatically disable it's own location services functions, so long as version 18.104.22.1682 or newer is installed. The latest version of the Backblaze Online Backup installer is always available here. These settings changes may take some time to be picked up by each installation.
Articles in this section
- Disabling The "Locate My Computer" Feature
- Backblaze Maintenance Schedule
- U.S. East Data Region FAQ
- How to find your userPub.pem file on Windows
- Why is my hard drive listed twice?
- Why am I receiving a pop-up about a missing or duplicate .bzvol?
- Where are iCloud files located in my backup? (Mac)
- Migrate data from old computer to new computer with Backblaze
- Why does the Backblaze website need my private encryption key to restore?
- Version History: Stopping, or resetting progressive billing on the Forever setting.