The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) was created to protect the personal data of people residing in the EU (European Union). The GDPR gives control to EU residents over their personal data and it also addresses the export of their personal data outside of the EU.
While the GDPR is written to apply to EU residents and citizens, Backblaze believes that data privacy is important to all of our customers. Therefore, we will attempt to apply the policies and procedures embedded in GDPR to all of our customers wherever practical.
Your Role in Protecting Your Privacy
Backblaze will do all we can to protect the data in your account and the privacy of your personal data. You can also help. Consider the following list of best practices with regards to your Backblaze account.
- Use a strong password or password manager like LastPass or 1Password for your Backblaze account.
- Protect that password from disclosure to others.
- Don't use the same password for other accounts and services.
- Considering using adding a second method of account protection such as two-factor verification, backup codes, or a private encryption key (macOS or Windows).
- If you choose to use a second method of account protection please understand the power and limitations of these techniques before deciding to use them.
Your Rights Under The GDPR
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.