The Private Encryption Keys must be:
• 4 to 50 ASCII (English) characters in length
• no ASCII control characters
• no "@" symbol (other than the standard 1 in an email address, for the username)
However beyond this, we cannot provide any hints or other help to recover your Private Encryption Key.
If you are completely unable to remember your password, you can delete your backup to free up the license. To do so:
- Sign in to https://secure.backblaze.com/user_signin.htm
- Click the 'Preferences' button
- Select the computer with the Private Encryption Key and click 'delete computer'.
This will free up your license, which you can now apply to a new backup.
If you do have your key, but you would like to remove it, you can:
- Enter your current key into 'Enter Old Private Key'
- Leave 'Enter New Private Key' and 'Re-enter new Private Key' blank
- Click 'Set Private Key'
This will remove your private key.