The Private Encryption Keys must be:
• 4 to 50 ASCII (English) characters in length
• no ASCII control characters
• no "@" symbol (other than the standard 1 in an email address, for the username)
However beyond this, we cannot provide any hints or other help to recover your Private Encryption Key.
If you are completely unable to remember your password, you can delete your backup to free up the license. To do so:
- Visit https://secure.backblaze.com/user_signin.htm and sign in to your Backblaze account with the registered email address and password.
- Select the "Preferences" link on the left side of the page.
- Locate the backup to be deleted from the list available.
- Select the "Delete Backup" link next to the backup name.
- Enter your account password went prompted. This action will immediately and irreversibly delete the backup data contained within, upon confirmation.
This will free up your license, which you can now apply to a new backup.
If you do have your key, but you would like to remove it, you can:
- Enter your current key into 'Enter Old Private Key'
- Leave 'Enter New Private Key' and 'Re-enter new Private Key' blank
- Click 'Set Private Key'
This will remove your private key.