There are two types of data Backblaze stores for our customers.
Stored Data - These are the files/objects you as a Backblaze customer upload to the Backblaze cloud. At any time, you may log in to your account and request a Restore (Personal Backup/Business Backup) or Snapshot (B2) of your files/objects. You must log in to your account, or in the case of B2 provide valid account credentials, to establish your ownership of the data stored with Backblaze before you can download/restore the data.
Account Data - This is the information we have collected from you in setting up and managing your account. Some of this account data is considered Personal Data. You may request portability for your Personal Data. We will fulfill your request by providing a copy of the Personal Data we are storing in a CSV file format.
Starting your portability request
To start you request, please do one of the following:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the email address of your Backblaze account for which you wish to receive the Personal Data.
- File a Backblaze Help request. If you log in to your Backblaze account before your submit the request it will make the process faster.
How we will process your request
Upon receiving your request we will do the following:
- We will ask you to confirm the email address associated with the Backblaze account you wish to receive the personal data from.
- We will send a confirmation email to the email address you provide.
- You must reply to the confirmation email we sent in step two. The reply must be from the same email address we sent our email to. No exceptions.
- Until we receive the reply, nothing will happen.
- Upon receiving a valid reply to the confirmation email we will prepare a CSV formatted file containing the Personal Data we have stored about the account in question. This can take up to 5 business days.
- When the CSV file is ready we will send it to the email address for the account requested. We will not send the CSV file to any other email address.
What you will receive
You will receive a CSV formatted file containing the personal data we have stored about the account in question. If a field is blank, we do not have any data for the field.
Articles in this section
- GDPR Overview
- What is Personal Data?
- Data Processor vs Data Controller
- Data Processing Addendum
- Who can make a GDPR request?
- GDPR: How to access and view your personal data
- GDPR: How to object to, or restrict, processing of your personal data
- GDPR: How to withdraw your consent
- GDPR: How to request portability