The B2 Snapshot Return Refund program is for Backblaze B2 customers who do not need to keep a USB Snapshot drive after they've copied their data from the drive. Backblaze offers refunds for returned drives ($189 for USB hard drives) within 30 days of receiving the drive, effectively making the process free!
For customers who need a physical copy of their data from B2, or are in a location where downloading the data over the internet is unfeasible, B2 USB Snapshots are a great option to retrieve that data.
A few things to note:
• The 30 day timer starts the day you receive the drive, and stops when the returned drive is postmarked.
• To make sure this program continues to be sustainable for all customers, there is a limit of 5 returned drives per account per 12 month period. You're free to order as many as you want, however only 5 can be returned.
• Customers are responsible for return shipping costs back to Backblaze, and for customers outside of the USA, Backblaze will not pay for taxes, duties, customs or fees. Arrange to have them prepaid before shipping or billed to the shipper (you). Packages that arrive postage due, or have taxes, fees, duties, customs or fees upon delivery will be refused. All USB restores are prepared and shipped from the U.S., even if your data is stored in a non-U.S. data center.
• It's not necessary to ship with a fast and potentially expensive service, however we do recommend that you use one that supports a tracking number just in case the package does not arrive. If you can specify delivery days with your shipper, please note Backblaze can not receive shipments on Saturdays or Sundays. Returns can not be dropped off in person.
• Once the drive has been received, the refund will be processed within a few business days. A status email for refunds is typically sent depending on account settings. The Billing page will also reflect the refund. Refunds will be sent to the same card that was used to purchase the drive.
To take advantage of this program, order a USB Snapshot. We'll get to work and ship you the requested data as soon as possible. Once you're ready to return the drive within 30 days of receiving it, erase the drive, pack it back in the inner box, including any cables or power adapters that were included. Please do not include any packing peanuts.
Include a print out of your Billing page from the Backblaze account that placed the order for the USB drive. To access the Billing page, sign in to your Backblaze account, navigate to "Billing" on the left column, make sure "B2 Cloud Storage" is selected, and click the "Print" button. Make sure the USB Snapshot purchase shows up on that page - if it does not, you may be signed in to the incorrect account. Returns without a printout of the correct billing information may not be able to be returned.
To return the drive, ship to:
Backblaze Snapshot Return Refund
500 Ben Franklin Ct.
San Mateo, CA 94401
Note: Returns can not be dropped off in person.
Backblaze can not refund any customs, fees, tariffs, taxes or duties leveraged by the recipient's government, however you may be able to apply for a refund if you paid anything additional upon delivery. Information for Canadian, UK, EU, and Japanese customers.
Articles in this section
- How to Upload Files to B2 Using Fireball
- B2 Mobile App Overview - iOS
- B2 Mobile App Overview - Android
- Getting Started with Instant Recovery in Any Cloud - DR Planning with Veeam and phoenixNAP
- How to setup Vultr Compute with Backblaze B2
- B2 & AWS CLI User Guide
- Guide to using Backblaze Fireball with Iconik Internet Storage Gateway (ISG)
- How to order a Snapshot Drive
- Why do I need to verify my email address to create a public bucket?
- Creating a B2 Bucket using the Web UI