The B2 Snapshot Return Refund program is for Backblaze B2 customers who do not need to keep a USB Snapshot drive after they've copied their data from the drive. Backblaze offers refunds for returned drives ($99 for USB flash drives, $189 for USB hard drives) within 30 days of receiving the drive, effectively making the process free!
For customers who need a physical copy of their data from B2, or are in a location where downloading the data over the internet is unfeasible, B2 USB Snapshots are a great option to retrieve that data.
A few things to note:
• This is a trial program. We're testing the program to make sure it's feasible and sustainable. It may be modified in the future to meet the needs of customers and Backblaze.
• The 30 day timer starts the day you receive the drive, and stops when the returned drive is postmarked.
• To make sure this program scales with the B2 customer base, there is a limit of 5 returned drives per account per year. You're free to order as many as you want, however only 5 can be returned.
• Customers are responsible for return shipping costs back to Backblaze, and for customers outside of the USA, Backblaze will not pay for taxes, duties, customs or fees. Arrange to have them prepaid before shipping. Packages that arrive postage due, or have taxes, fees, duties, customs or fees upon delivery will be refused.
• It's not necessary to ship with a fast and potentially expensive service, however we do recommend that you use one that supports a tracking number just in case the package does not arrive.
• Once the drive has been received, the refund will be processed within a few business days. A status email for refunds is typically sent depending on account settings. The Billing page will also reflect the refund. Refunds will be sent to the same card that was used to purchase the drive.
To take advantage of this program, order a USB Snapshot. We'll get to work and ship you the requested data as soon as possible. Once you're ready to return the drive within 30 days of receiving it, erase the drive, pack it back in the inner box, including any cables or power adapters that were included. Please do not include any packing peanuts.
Include a print out of your Billing page from the Backblaze account that placed the order for the USB drive. To access the Billing page, sign in to your Backblaze account, navigate to "Billing" on the left column, make sure "B2 Cloud Storage" is selected, and click the "Print" button. Make sure the USB Snapshot purchase shows up on that page - if it does not, you may be signed in to the incorrect account.
To return the drive, ship to:
Backblaze Snapshot Return Refund
500 Ben Franklin Ct.
San Mateo, CA 94401
Note: USB drives that are returned without a printout of the Billing page will not be refunded.