Depending on its configuration, Bitdefender's firewall may block Backblaze from operating correctly.
1. Open the Bitdefender Panel, and click Modules
2. Click Firewall
3. Go to the Rules tab, and click Add Rule
4. Make sure Permission is set to Allow, then click Browse
5. Locate bztransmit.exe or bztransmit64.exe
Navigate to the location of bztransmit and choose the right version for your OS and click OK.
- For Windows XP, it's in C:\Program Files\Backblaze\bztransmit.exe
- For Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 32-bit, it's in C:\Program Files\Backblaze\bztransmit.exe
- For Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 64-bit, it's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Backblaze\bztransmit64.exe
(If you don't know if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows, choose both bztransmit.exe and bztransmit64.exe separately, and perform steps 3 and 4 twice, once for bztransmit.exe, and again for bztransmit64.exe)
6. Click OK and dismiss all Bitdefender windows
Articles in this section
- Two Factor Verification
- Settings Overview (Win)
- Settings Overview (Mac)
- Issues and Reports (Win)
- Apple-specified Exclusions
- Installing the Backup Client on macOS 10.14 and Later
- How to Install Backblaze on (Win)
- Adding Backblaze to Bitdefender's Allowances
- Adding Backblaze to Windows Defender Allowances
- Can I have multiple regions under one account?