Depending on its configuration, Avast's firewall may block Backblaze from operating correctly.
1. Open the Avast panel, click Tools, then click Firewall
2. Click Application Rules
3. Click New Group (1), name it Backblaze (2), then click New Application Rule (3) and choose the Backblaze group you just created
4. Locate bztransmit.exe or bztransmit64.exe
Navigate to the location of bztransmit and choose the right version for your OS and click Open.
- For Windows XP, it's in C:\Program Files\Backblaze\bztransmit.exe
- For Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 32-bit, it's in C:\Program Files\Backblaze\bztransmit.exe
- For Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 64-bit, it's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Backblaze\bztransmit64.exe
(If you don't know if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows, choose both bztransmit.exe and bztransmit64.exe separately, and create a New Application Rule twice, once for bztransmit.exe, and again for bztransmit64.exe)
5. Adjust the orange scale bar to allow All Connections