You have downloaded the Backblaze installer and try to run the installation program on a Windows platform and receive the following error:
ERROR: BzSelfExtractor_Unzip: could not append to file: bztransmit.exe
Then once you click OK, on the dialogue box you will get this error:
ERROR: RunCommand, Create pipe failed, err = B
Generally, this is a error that occurs when a security product is preventing the Backblaze installer from completing.
These programs can included various antivirus programs, firewalls, Windows Defender, etc.
To resolve this issue, please temporarily disable any security software you may have installed on the computer.
Once this has been completed, please go here https://secure.backblaze.com/update.htm and download Backblaze client for Windows.
Then install Backblaze and it should complete properly.
If you have multiple security programs, please disable them all temporarily if you are getting this error.
Articles in this section
- Unable to install - Installer must be run as Administrator
- Why do I keep getting notifications to enable location services? (Windows)
- Why are my drives not updating?
- Take A Screenshot in Windows 10
- How to Roll Back Time
- Collecting Processes List (Windows)
- Collecting processes list (Mac)
- Missing Menu Icon (Mac)
- My anti-virus is disabled but I am still showing as 'offline'`
- Safety Freeze (Your Backup is Safety Frozen)