Depending on its configuration, AVG's firewall may block Backblaze from operating correctly.
1. Open the AVG main panel and click Firewall
2. Click Advanced Settings
3. Click Applications
4. Locate bztransmit.exe or bztransmit64.exe in the list
If you find it in the list, click on it, and choose Edit and then move to Step 5.
If bztransmit is not listed, click Add. Navigate to the location of bztransmit and choose the right version for your OS and click Create.
- For Windows XP, it's in C:\Program Files\Backblaze\bztransmit.exe
- For Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 32-bit, it's in C:\Program Files\Backblaze\bztransmit.exe
- For Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 64-bit, it's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Backblaze\bztransmit64.exe
(If you don't know if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows, choose both bztransmit.exe and bztransmit64.exe separately, and follow Step 5 twice, once for bztransmit.exe, and again for bztransmit64.exe)
5. Set the Application Action to Allow.