Quickstart Guide for Encoding.com and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
This guide will help you understand how the Encoding.com platform integrates with B2 Cloud storage. This guide assumes that you already have a Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage account created with a Bucket and Credentials made. It also assumes that you have created an Encoding.com account and want to encode video data that already resides within Backblaze B2 cloud storage or to send data Backblaze B2 cloud storage or both.
If you have not, Here are some links to get you started.
The following steps will help you use Encoding.com to your video files from one format to another. This is a basic guide to get you started.
Before you get started, be sure to have the following information handy.
- Backblaze Endpoint URL for your bucket:
- Backblaze KeyID and ApplicationKey
- Bucket Name and path to the video file you are encoding.
Login to your Encoding.com Account: https://manage.encoding.com/ui/media
Select the NETAPP (Generic S3) button, then expand the screen to build out the source URL in the following format:
Then select: Start Encoding
You have the option to set Job Setting, which you can leave as default, but you will need to select the Output Format you want to encode.
Once you have chosen an Output Format you will be given additional options to define.
Now that you have both the source and output destination defined, you can click Process Video to start encoding.
If you go to Job Queue, you can see your job running.
Once the job is completed, you can see the newly encoded file in your source bucket.
NOTE: If you would like to utilize Encoding.com to script the encoding process you can follow the links to their documentation on how to format XML files and utilize their API.
Once you have created your files you would utilize the API Builder in Encoding.com’s UI to execute the script as shown in the screenshot below.
Articles in this section
- Quickstart Guide for Veeam 12 Direct-to-Cloud Backups to Backblaze B2 with Immutability
- Quickstart Guide for Acronis CyberProtect and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart guide for SFTPCloud
- Quickstart Guide for Veritas NetBackup and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Offshoot and Backblaze B2
- Quickstart Guide for Files.com and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Encoding.com and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Mountain Duck and B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Microsoft 365 Backup with MSP360 and Backblaze B2 (Multiple Instances)
- Quickstart Guide for Microsoft 365 Backup with MSP360 and Backblaze B2 (Single Instance)