This guide will help you understand how the Acronis CyberProtect platform integrates with B2 Cloud storage. This guide assumes that you already have a Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage account created with a Bucket and Credentials created.
NOTE: Testing was done with version (4.7.1) of Acronis CyberProtect.
Preparation for adding Backblaze B2 (S3 Compatible) Cloud Storage
Before you can add Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage to your Acronis CyberProtect environment. It is assumed that you have a fully configured environment and working knowledge of the Acronis CyberProtect environment before proceeding.
You should have:
- Network and Firewall connectivity to the internet to be able to connect to public cloud services.
- Backup Storage Nodes configured
Assuming that you have all your infrastructure in place, you will need to add a Storage Gateway to be able to connect your environment to Backblaze B2 Cloud storage.
Navigate to: Storage Services > Backup Storage
- Select all storage nodes available, and select Create Gateway in the upper right corner of the interface.
- From the Storage Type screen: Select Public Cloud
- On the Configure Network screen, verify that the network looks correct. Click Next
On the Public Cloud parameters screen, select:
- Type: AuthV4 compatible (S3)
- Endpoint URL: example: https://s3.us-west-002.backblazeb2.com
- Region: example: US-WEST-002
- Bucket: <Enter Bucket name you had previously created in Backblaze B2>
- Default, leave Disable: Allow using self-signed certificate of endpoint (not recommended)
Enter Backblaze credentials:
Access Key ID = Backblaze KeyID
Secret Key ID = Backblaze ApplicationKey
NOTE: For additional documentation on creating a backup gateway see Acronis CyberProtect documentation
At this point, your Backblaze B2 cloud storage is configured within your Acronis CyberProtect environment and you can now redirect or choose backups to be sent to Backblaze B2 cloud storage.
Articles in this section
- Quickstart Guide for Veeam 12 Direct-to-Cloud Backups to Backblaze B2 with Immutability
- Quickstart Guide for Acronis CyberProtect and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart guide for SFTPCloud
- Quickstart Guide for Veritas NetBackup and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Offshoot and Backblaze B2
- Quickstart Guide for Files.com and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Encoding.com and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Mountain Duck and B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Microsoft 365 Backup with MSP360 and Backblaze B2 (Multiple Instances)
- Quickstart Guide for Microsoft 365 Backup with MSP360 and Backblaze B2 (Single Instance)