Mountain Duck is a tool that mounts a B2 Cloud Storage bucket as if it were a drive on your computer. It is available for MacOS and Windows. This guide will show you how to connect your B2 Cloud Storage bucket to a connection in Mountain Duck.
Screenshots in this guide are from the MacOS version of Mountain Duck Version 4.13.4 (20921)
- Once Mountain Duck is installed, a connection window will appear. Select Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage in the drop-down menu. Once selected, new fields will appear. Take your Key ID and Application Key and enter them into their respective fields.
- Once you’ve entered in your credentials, click Connect. This will immediately mount your Backblaze B2 Storage to a disk in either your Finder (MacOS) or your File Explorer (Windows).
This completes the setup of your B2 Cloud Storage and Mountain Duck connection. Proceed in the guide to learn about some recommended preferences.
Mountain Duck has the ability to cache objects locally for offline use. This Smart Synchronization option is enabled by default. To use this feature, right click on any object in your mounted B2 folder, highlight the Mountain Duck folder of options, and select Keep Offline on Local Disk. To learn more about Mountain Duck sync options, please see the official documentation on the subject.
Mountain Duck is configured to maximize your download and upload speeds by default. If you need to free up bandwidth on your network, you can do so from the Bandwidth section of the Preferences menu. Use the dropdown options for Downloads or Uploads and select your preferred rate.
You can set your default protocol to Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage on this section. Additionally, you can adjust your Timeout settings. We recommend using the following settings for your timeouts:
Articles in this section
- Quickstart Guide for Veeam 12 Direct-to-Cloud Backups to Backblaze B2 with Immutability
- Quickstart Guide for Offshoot and Backblaze B2
- Quickstart Guide for Files.com and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Encoding.com and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Mountain Duck and B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Microsoft 365 Backup with MSP360 and Backblaze B2 (Multiple Instances)
- Quickstart Guide for Microsoft 365 Backup with MSP360 and Backblaze B2 (Single Instance)
- Quickstart Guide for Iconik and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Cuttingroom and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Catalogic DPXv and Backblaze B2