Bacula is an open-source enterprise backup and recovery tool with support for B2 Cloud Storage as an object storage endpoint in the cloud.
This is a step-by-step guide for connecting your B2 bucket to Bacula using the BWeb GUI.
Set up your Backblaze account, enable B2 Cloud Storage, and generate a pair of Application Keys from the App Keys page.
Sign up for Bacula and configure the BWeb GUI.
Configure Bacula Backup
1) From the BWeb Management Console, select Storage and Media -> + Add New Storage
2) Choose “Select a Storage Daemon and add newly created Devices into it”
Select your Storage Daemon.
For Device Type, select “Cloud Virtual Disk Changer”
3) In the “Copy from existing Storage” field, select DiskAutochanger and then click Next.
4) To configure your Virtual Cloud Changer, do each of the following:
- Configure your devices
- Assign a path on your local disk
- Enter a Media Type
- Configure your Cloud resource
- Set Driver to S3
- Enter your hostname (found in the Endpoint section of your Bucket details)
- Enter your Key ID (Access Key) and Application Key (Secret Key)
- Enter a Region. Your region will match the region from your Hostname. (ex: us-west-002)
- Enter a Bucket Name. Entering a new name will create a bucket automatically.
5) On the final page, add a name and description for your new resource. When finished, click Save.
If auto-commit is disabled, please restart BWeb to apply these changes. Your new B2 storage resource will now be available to use in your Bacula jobs.
Articles in this section
- Quickstart Guide for Elements
- Quickstart Guide for Quest QoreStor and Backblaze B2
- Quickstart Guide for Bacula and Backblaze B2
- Maytech/Quatrix Quickstart Guide for Backblaze B2
- Quickstart Guide for Telestream Vantage and Backblaze B2
- Quickstart Guide for Sofile and Backblaze B2
- Quickstart Guide for CubeBackup and Backblaze B2
- Quickstart Guide for Quest Rapid Recovery and Backblaze B2
- Quickstart Guide for Veritas BackupExec and Backblaze B2
- How to use CTERA Storage Gateway with Backblaze B2