Welcome to the getting started guide for Veeam backup to B2 using Tiger Bridge! Once you have completed the steps below, you will have a true set-it-and-forget-it Veeam backup to the cloud solution in place.
Tiger Bridge will mirror your Veeam Repository to B2, with no Veeam configuration required!
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Only
Step 1: Setup your Backblaze B2 account
Important: Please perform this step if you don’t have a B2 account that you would like to use. If you have an account, with a bucket set up, please skip this step and go to the next one.
1. Create an account at https://www.backblaze.com/business-veeam-backup-create.html
Enter your email address and password to create your Backblaze account.
2. After entering your email address and password, click the “Create B2 Account & Download Tiger Bridge” button. You should get this prompt and your Tiger Bridge executable should download.
3. At this point, you can either view the Quickstart guide for Tiger Bridge or go straight to your account.
4. Upon logging into your account, you’ll automatically be prompted to go to My Settings to set up a phone number for your account. The mobile phone number you enter MUST be able to receive SMS messages.
Note: If you already have a Backblaze account, you can log in at https://secure.backblaze.com/user_signin.htm and click on My Settings.
5. Once in the My Settings area, you’ll need to enter your Backblaze account password and the mobile phone number (remember - it must support SMS messages!). Then, click Send Code. Once you receive the 6 digit code on your mobile phone, type it into the verification field and click to Verify.
You can now retrieve your Application Key and Key ID. You will need these to set up your Tiger Bridge B2 profile.
6. Click on App Keys and then click on the link that reads 'Add A New Application Key’.
7. You can then enter a Name for the key and click on the button that says “Add a New Application Key”.
8. When you have the keyID and the applicationKey, be sure to copy them and keep both of these in a safe location. It is recommended to store these in notepad or any text editor as you will need them later on in this document.
Once you close this window, the current Application Key will not display again and you will need both of these numbers to set up your Tiger Bridge account.
IMPORTANT: If you lose the ApplicationKey, you will need to create another ApplicationKey. The new key that you create will invalidate the old one.
Your B2 account is now created and ready to be used with Tiger Bridge.
Step 2. Download, Install and Configure Tiger Bridge.
If you skipped step 1 above, you can download the Tiger Bridge Installer from: https://www.tiger-technology.com/dl/b2/TigerBridge.exe.
If you didn't skip step 1, the installer should have automatically downloaded to your machine.
Note: For more details on Tiger Bridge as well as a quick start guide, please visit: https://www.tiger-technology.com/software/tiger-bridge/b2/
Install TigerBridge installed on the Veeam Repository Server
Double-click the installer to start, accept the licensing agreement, and install missing components if you are prompted to.
1. Once installed, the “Tiger Bridge Backblaze Configuration Wizard” will open up.
2. Press Next to enter your email and B2 Credentials. If you stored them in notepad or a text document, paste them in below.
3. Once done, click “Configure”
4. Upon success, Tiger Bridge will show a summary page. Click Finish to close the wizard and follow the additional configuration steps below.
Note: Tiger Bridge by default will create a unique public bucket name in your account to use. You can change this to a private bucket through the bucket management section of your account on Backblaze (on it, click the bucket settings link to adjust each bucket’s individual settings; you can specify if files in the bucket are public or private). If you create an App Key that is restricted to a single bucket, the installation will give an error that it can’t create the default bucket name, but then will allow you to select the bucket the App Key has access to.
5. Double click the Tiger Bridge Configuration icon on the desktop.
6. In the left side, select the default source (C:\....Administrator\Documents\Tigerbridge)
7. On the right side browse to the top level of the drive containing the Veeam Repository, and select the repository directory, the default directory being called Backups, and click OK.
8. Click on Replication policy from 1 Second to 1 Minute (newer versions will have this set as the default).
9. Then click OK then Apply.
10. Next click on "Reclaim space policy", and then click on "Delete policy" as shown below.
This is necessary to have a configuration supported by Veeam, and to comply with Veeam's requirements when using object storage gateways.
11. Click on Tiger Bridge at then click on Resume. This is a necessary step after any changes.
At this point, you have successfully enabled backing up your Veeam Repo to B2 using Tiger Bridge. No Veeam Configuration is necessary. The time it takes to mirror your current repository into B2 will depend on the speed of your Internet connection, but you will be able to see files start populating your B2 bucket in mere minutes! As subsequent backups store files into your Veeam repository, they will automatically be synchronized to B2.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact sales: https://www.backblaze.com/business-veeam-backup.html#contact