When moving data to a different drive/folder/location, do not fear, if it remains the same, it will deduplicate!
If the file/data itself does not change, nor does its filename, but only the location changes, Backblaze will detect the files as new, then queue them for upload. When we get to the files to actually upload them, we will see that they exist on our end, and then update their location without uploading the file itself. This is deduplication, and it can take a while to complete, but everything should update without having to re-upload.
Articles in this section
- How to only backup select folders
- How to backup OneDrive on Mac
- Why is my Veracrypt software preventing my drive from backing up?
- Box Drive files cannot be backed up by Backblaze on Mac
- Will Backblaze back up iCloud Drive on Mac?
- Will Backblaze backup the iCloud drive on Windows?
- Network Management - Wi-Fi Block List
- Can Backblaze backup my OneDrive folder? (Windows)
- Backing Up a Boot Camp Partition
- Backblaze and Bootcamp