Backblaze is supported worldwide, though there are a few exceptions (due to US trade law):
Republic of South Sudan
Syrian Arab Republic
Democratic People's Republic of Korea
When you request a restore, the drive restores are $189 for up to 8TB. This price includes the drive (which you get to keep), labor, and shipping/handling. This does not include import fees. All USB restores are prepared and shipped from the U.S., even if your data is stored in a non-U.S. data center. The drives are shipped in 3-10 days of your request depending on the size of your restore and are shipped via FedEx priority.
I have a fast connection, why is my upload is slow?
You may experience slower upload speeds than customers that are close to our North American data centers. Sometimes due to network issues along the path from an ISP to Backblaze's servers, some customers on some networks can not max out their connection speed to us. Backblaze encapsulates data in 10MB chunks, uses https connections, uses a single connection at a time, so latency can play a very large role in overall backup speed. If you are a large distance away from our data centers, the number of hops between you and our datacenter can cause slowdown.
However, you may find that our new multi-thread feature can help alleviate this issue, first go to https://secure.backblaze.com/update.htm and update Backblaze, then. Then, to learn how to use it please follow these articles:
European Customers may also wish to make use of our EU datacenter, which may allow for faster downloads as opposed to our data centers located in the US West region.
The region can be selected at the time of account creation. For further information on the EU datacenter, please check out this guide.
Articles in this section
- Disabling The "Locate My Computer" Feature
- Backblaze Maintenance Schedule
- U.S. East Data Region FAQ
- How to find your userPub.pem file on Windows
- Why is my hard drive listed twice?
- Why am I receiving a pop-up about a missing or duplicate .bzvol?
- Where are iCloud files located in my backup? (Mac)
- Migrate data from old computer to new computer with Backblaze
- Why does Backblaze need my private encryption key to restore?
- Version History: Stopping, or resetting progressive billing on the Forever setting.