Where is it?
The new European data center is located in Amsterdam.
What does this mean for me if I am in the EU or in or near Europe?
This means that transfer rate for Backblaze Backup and B2 should have less latency and as a result get better transfer rates per thread.
When will it be available?
The 27th of August, 2019.
How can I create an account in the EU region?
When creating an account, you can click the region drop-down beneath the email address field and select the EU region.
Will the service be faster for me if I am located in Europe?
If you are located in or near Europe, there should be less latency to the data center in Amsterdam, which means that you should be able to get more bandwidth per thread.
Can I transfer existing data to the EU region automatically?
Data can be transferred between regions using our Cloud Replication feature. For more information on how to use this feature, please find our guides on Cloud Replication here.
Articles in this section
- Disabling The "Locate My Computer" Feature
- Backblaze Maintenance Schedule
- U.S. East Data Region FAQ
- How to find your userPub.pem file on Windows
- Why is my hard drive listed twice?
- Why am I receiving a pop-up about a missing or duplicate .bzvol?
- Where are iCloud files located in my backup? (Mac)
- Migrate data from old computer to new computer with Backblaze
- Why does Backblaze need my private encryption key to restore?
- Version History: Stopping, or resetting progressive billing on the Forever setting.