SyncBackPro is a powerful sync tool for windows platforms that allows you to sync and/or backup your NAS or fileserver data directly to a B2 bucket.
Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 & Vista, 2008 and newer (32/64-bit)
- Download from their webpage
- Pick the 32-bit or 64-bit version and download/install
Choosing B2 Buckets and Application Keys
- To create a new Bucket, log in to your Backblaze account, https://www.backblaze.com
- Under the B2 Cloud Storage, click Buckets and then select Create a Bucket
- Give the bucket a name and click Create a Bucket. Remember the name of the Bucket must be globally unique, not just unique within your account.
- To create a new Application Key, click on App Keys under the B2 Cloud Storage menu and select Add a New Application Key
- Enter the name of the key. Select if the key has access to all buckets, or only to the one you created, by selecting it from the drop-down list. Click Create New Key
Your new KeyID and ApplicationKey will be shown only once, so make sure you copy it to a secure location.
Setup and Configure SyncBackPro to use B2 on Windows
- In the bottom right corner, click on New to create a new Profile
- Enter a descriptive name for the profile, and then click Next
- Then select the type of profile this will be. In our example, we will pick Sync.
- On the left side, you pick the type of source files to Synchronize. Since we will be synchronizing local files to B2 in this example, we will leave them at the default settings
On the right side, we select our destination, which will be Backblaze
- Enter the KeyID and the ApplicationKey in the fields, and then click the Refresh button to see the list of available buckets
Select the bucket you want your files to be synchronized to, and click Done
Then click OK when prompted, the new Profile you just created will open up in a new window for final configuration
Here you can fine-tune the settings on this profile
- Pick the source folder to back up from by clicking on the Left option in the top menu
Select the source folder to be used
- Under the Backblaze folder option, SyncBackPro will copy the source files to the root directory of the bucket
To start your Synchronization profile accepting the default settings, click OK
You will be asked if you want to do a Simulated Run. This will show you all the files in the source and destination folders, and the actions it will take during synchronization. For the first time running, the only action you should see listed is “Copy to Backblaze”. Review the summary and then click “Continue Simulation”.
- Finally, you can run your new synchronization profile to start copying files to your B2 bucket
Optional Settings for Automation, Increased Reliability, and High Bandwidth Internet Connections
- To automate the synchronization job, click on the When in the left-hand navigation bar
You can configure the job to run automatically using a variety of options to meet your business requirements
Reliability & Upload Speeds
- Click on the name of your profile to highlight it, and then click on the Modify button in the bottom toolbar
- Then select Cloud in the left navigation bar, and then click on the Advanced tab
Increasing upload/download threads will increase your transfer speed, and 8-12 is a good range to try, especially if you have high-speed disks.
Increasing the timeout to 300 helps recovery from any momentary periods of high latency that can occur during transfers over the internet.
Articles in this section
- Quickstart Guide for Shardsecure and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Nakivo and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Hammerspace and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Anchorpoint and Backblaze B2
- Quickstart Guide for Elements and B2 Cloud Storage
- Quickstart Guide for Quest QoreStor and Backblaze B2
- Quickstart Guide for Bacula and Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Maytech/Quatrix Quickstart Guide for Backblaze B2
- Quickstart Guide for Telestream Vantage and Backblaze B2
- Quickstart Guide for Sofile and Backblaze B2