If you have external or secondary hard drives connected to your Mac that you would like to backup with Backblaze, and are running macOS 10.15 Catalina, or any more recent OS version, you will need to grant "bzbmenu" access to your removable volumes.
Typically macOS will display a dialog asking if you would like to give bzbmenu permission to read your external or secondary hard drives. If you see this dialog, simply click "Yes" or "Allow" and no further steps will be required.
If you accidentally click no, you can go in to your Security & Privacy settings, navigate to "Files and Folders", and make sure that the "Removable Volumes" checkbox is selected for bzbmenu.
Once selected, you will be able to continue backing up external hard drives! Make sure you connect all selected external drives to your computer to allow bzbmenu to verify access on each individual drive, or you may continue to see the dialog after granting permission.
Articles in this section
- Disabling The "Locate My Computer" Feature
- Backblaze Maintenance Schedule
- Why is my hard drive listed twice?
- Why am I receiving a pop-up about a missing or duplicate .bzvol?
- Where are iCloud files located in my backup? (Mac)
- Migrate data from old computer to new computer with Backblaze
- Why does the Backblaze website need my private encryption key to restore?
- Version History: Stopping, or resetting progressive billing on the Forever setting.
- Disabling Version History
- Allowing Backblaze to Back Up External Drives - MacOS 10.15 and later