Keep Your Restore Longer
Backblaze keeps .zip restores for 7 days. You can now Keep Your Restore Longer by saving your restores to Backblaze B2 where they will be kept indefinitely, until you delete them.
To use this feature your account must have Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage enabled via the account settings page or through the wizard that comes up the first time you use this feature. Your selected files will be stored securely in your private B2 Cloud Storage account as a decrypted .zip Snapshot until you delete the Snapshot from B2.
Select A Restore
Once you have already created a .zip restore, you will see a “Keep Longer” button appear on the My Restore page next to eligible .zip restore.
Name This Snapshot
Once you select the files you wish to send to B2 and press “Continue With Restore”, the dialog will present a cost estimate for storing the data in B2 and allow you to name the snapshot.
Viewing Your Snapshot
Once you save your restore to a B2 Snapshot, it appears in the Snapshots section of your Backblaze account. From the Snapshots page you can download, order a restore drive, or delete your Snapshot at any time.
Deleting Your Snapshot
To delete a Snapshot, select Snapshot and press the delete button (red circle) to the right of it.
Save Files To B2
You can now select and send files directly from your Backblaze Personal Backup and Business Backup to Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage. To learn more please go here: Saving Files to B2 From Computer Backup.
Articles in this section
- How to Create a Restore from Your Backblaze Backup
- How to use the restore app
- Apple Address Book Restore Guide
- How to Check the Status of your Restore Drive
- Downloading a Restore
- How do I find the Unlock Code/Encryption Key for my Snapshot drive?
- How to move files from your Restore to your Local Hard Drive.
- I have Extended Version History, how can I find my files?
- How to Order a Restore Drive
- How do I delete files from my Restore Drive?