Please note: all restore drives are formatted to the operating system of the computer the restore was created from.
Your Backblaze drive is encrypted in order to keep your data safe, so the drive will need to first be unlocked before the data will be accessible.
1. Start by downloading the WD Security Software found in the following locations:
2. Once the installer has downloaded, locate it in your "Downloads" folder, and double-click the installer to launch it
3. From the next pop-up, double-click on the WD Security icon.
4. Read through the WD privacy statement, and then click the box to confirm you have read this and select "install".
5. If on a Mac computer you will be prompted to input your computer's password in order to install
6. Click on "Finish" to complete the installation.
7. Locate the WD Security Application on your computer and open it. Then attach your drive to have it appear in the WD Security Application.
8. Log in to your backblaze.com account and navigate to the "My Restores" page of your account and copy your unlock code. Then paste the unlock code into the password field and click "Unlock Drive".
9. You should hear a chime sound, and then see the option to either remove or change the password on the hard drive; this will indicate that the process was successful.
10. Open Finder and locate the drive in the left-hand menu. You will see all files and folders organized in the same structure as they appeared on your computer.
Please note: For drives from backups of Mac computers, Mac OS X 10.9 and greater is required.
For drives from backups of Windows computers, Windows 7 and greater is required.
Articles in this section
- How to Create a Restore from Your Backblaze Backup
- How to use the restore app
- Apple Address Book Restore Guide
- How to Check the Status of your Restore Drive
- Downloading a Restore
- How do I find the Unlock Code/Encryption Key for my Snapshot drive?
- How to move files from your Restore to your Local Hard Drive.
- I have Extended Version History, how can I find my files?
- How to Order a Restore Drive
- How do I delete files from my Restore Drive?