In some cases, the default Mac utility may fail when unzipping your restore. In this case you will want to use The Unarchiver:
1. Visit https://theunarchiver.com and click 'download'
2. Go to the downloads folder in Finder, and double click TheUnarchiver.dmg.
3. This will open the installation window. Drag The Unarchiver icon to the Applications folder icon.
4. Right click on the restore file, select 'open with' and choose 'The Unarchiver'. You can then create a new folder to place the restore in.
Articles in this section
- How to Create a Restore from Your Backblaze Backup
- How to use the restore app
- Apple Address Book Restore Guide
- How to Check the Status of your Restore Drive
- Downloading a Restore
- How do I find the Unlock Code/Encryption Key for my Snapshot drive?
- How to move files from your Restore to your Local Hard Drive.
- I have Extended Version History, how can I find my files?
- How to Order a Restore Drive
- How do I delete files from my Restore Drive?