If a file that has already been uploaded is modified, Backblaze will upload the delta. The part that was changed.
However, If the file is over 100MB - the file is broken into 10MB chunks to be uploaded. If the file simply has data added to the end of the file, only the last chunk will be re-uploaded. If data is entered into the middle of the file, every chunk after that point will need to be re-uploaded, because the data has been pushed back and each following block changed.
Articles in this section
- Disabling The "Locate My Computer" Feature
- Backblaze Maintenance Schedule
- U.S. East Data Region FAQ
- How to find your userPub.pem file on Windows
- Why is my hard drive listed twice?
- Why am I receiving a pop-up about a missing or duplicate .bzvol?
- Where are iCloud files located in my backup? (Mac)
- Migrate data from old computer to new computer with Backblaze
- Why does Backblaze need my private encryption key to restore?
- Version History: Stopping, or resetting progressive billing on the Forever setting.