Chat support is available during the following hours:
Monday: 9am - 12pm, 1:30pm - 5pm , Tuesday - Friday: 9am - 12pm, 1pm - 5pm.
Please note the hours are in Pacific time and that chat is closed every other Wednesday.
You can access the chat by going to backblaze.com/help.html and scrolling to the bottom, then clicking on the "Chat with Team" button.
The chat window will only appear if agents are currently available. If the chat window does not appear this means that all agents are currently helping other customers (note, if you run ad-blocking software on your web browser, you may need to disable it for the chat tab to show up). When chatting with an agent, you can request that an email be sent to you with a transcript of the conversation.
To provide you the most efficient support, when you write into chat please provide the following information:
- The email address of the Backblaze account in question
- If you currently have any tickets open or if there is a Backblaze agent that you have been working with recently
- Describe in detail the issue you are facing.
At this time we do not have phone support.
Articles in this section
- Disabling The "Locate My Computer" Feature
- Backblaze Maintenance Schedule
- Why is my hard drive listed twice?
- Why am I receiving a pop-up about a missing or duplicate .bzvol?
- Where are iCloud files located in my backup? (Mac)
- Migrate data from old computer to new computer with Backblaze
- Why does the Backblaze website need my private encryption key to restore?
- Version History: Stopping, or resetting progressive billing on the Forever setting.
- Disabling Version History
- Allowing Backblaze to Back Up External Drives - MacOS 10.14 and later