Now Through January 31, 2021 Get Additional Referral Credits (Terms Below):
Terms of the Offer: Give 3 months of Backblaze, Get 3 months of Backblaze
- Only Backblaze Refer-a-Friend invitations sent between December 8, 2020 and January 31, 2021 qualify for this promotion.
- This promotion applies only to referees that create new Backblaze Personal Backup customer accounts.
- The three (3) referrer credits are earned only when the referee purchases a Backblaze Personal Backup license based on the referrer invite before the end of February 28, 2021. At that time a one (1) month credit will appear immediately in the referrer account with the two (2) remaining month credits appearing within 30 days.
- The two (2) referee credits will be added to the referee account within 45 days of their properly referred purchase of Backblaze Personal Backup.
- Backblaze reserves the right to cancel or remove monthly credits in association with this offer at any time in case of any suspected abuse of the offer. ‘Abuse’ includes, but is not limited to, the opening of multiple accounts to claim multiple credits.
What is the Backblaze Refer-A-Friend program?
The Backblaze Refer-A-Friend Program lets you give your friends a month of Backblaze online backup for free, and gives you a month for every friend that signs up.
How do I access it?
Sign in to your Backblaze account and go to the “Get Free Months” section on the left-hand side of the page.
How does it work?
On the “Get Free Months” page you will see your unique referral link. You can Tweet, Share, and email that link to anyone you know.
How do I see the status of friends I’ve invited?
You’ll see that status of your invites by clicking on the “See the status of friends I’ve invited” button. You’ll be able to see who you’ve invited, who has created an account, and who has purchased Backblaze. Once your friend purchases, they will receive one free month of Backblaze, and you’ll receive one month’s worth of Backblaze credited to your account.
What does “a month’s credit” mean?
Backblaze will discount you the equivalent of one month’s charge on your next renewal.
If you are paying monthly, that means if you have one computer and three friends sign up, your next three monthly renewals will be $0.
If you are paying for a $60/year annual plan in February and signed up 2 friends, your renewal next year will be $50 because:
• You are paying $60/12 months = $5/month.
• Your renewal will be $60 – (2 friends x $5.00 discount) = $50
What happens if I have more than one computer?
You get the same discount off your next renewal. For example, if you have 2 computers costing you a total of $12/month and you have one friend sign up, giving you $6/off, your next renewal will cost $6.
When do I get a credit for the people that I refer?
You will get a credit once the person you refer has a Backblaze subscription payment successfully process.
Does it matter if my friend signs up for a monthly, annual, or bi-yearly subscription?
No – you’ll still get your free month no matter which plan they choose.
Can I somehow get Backblaze totally for free?
Yes! The more people that you get to sign up, the more you get taken off of your next renewal.
What if I do not see the invite link?
Currently this program is available for customers who have paid for Backblaze with a credit card. Any accounts that are currently on a trial, a prepaid code, a member of a Business Group, or a domain site license (Backblaze for Business) are not eligible for the Refer-a-Friend program.
Can I refer someone who already has a Backblaze account?
No – the system is designed to be used to refer Backblaze to brand new customers only. Existing accounts of all types (credit card, prepaid code, trial, Business Group, and domain site license) aren't eligible to be referred. Expired (both paid and expired trial), cancelled, or former Backblaze accounts are also not eligible to be referred.