There's three ways you can update Backblaze to the newest version:
• Periodically, Backblaze will automatically update all users to the newest version of Backblaze. No action is required from the user.
• You can manually check for updates by pulling down the Backblaze menu bar icon or clicking on the Backblaze notification area / system tray icon and choosing "Check for Updates." If an update is available, you can download and install it. Do not uninstall first.
• You can visit https://secure.backblaze.com/update.htm and manually download the Backblaze installer for Mac or Windows. Do not uninstall, just install over the top of the existing version.
Note, for Network Administrators, https://secure.backblaze.com/update.htm will always point to the newest version of Backblaze.
Group Administrators or those needing to update multiple users with a Silent Installer should refer to our guide on the Silent Installer found here:
Does Backblaze have a Silent Installer?
Articles in this section
- Disabling The "Locate My Computer" Feature
- Backblaze Maintenance Schedule
- How to find your userPub.pem file on Windows
- Why is my hard drive listed twice?
- Why am I receiving a pop-up about a missing or duplicate .bzvol?
- Where are iCloud files located in my backup? (Mac)
- Migrate data from old computer to new computer with Backblaze
- Why does the Backblaze website need my private encryption key to restore?
- Version History: Stopping, or resetting progressive billing on the Forever setting.
- Disabling Version History