The answer to this is, sometimes. On a Windows operating, if the drive shows up under removable media and not hard drive drives, we will not back these drives up. If it does appear under hard disk drives, we will backup the thumbdrive.
This area where the drive is added, hard disk drives or removable media, is dictated by the WIndows operating system, the Backblaze client doesn't have any say as to how the drive is mounted, we have to just work with the information that the OS gives us.
Articles in this section
- Disabling The "Locate My Computer" Feature
- Backblaze Maintenance Schedule
- U.S. East Data Region FAQ
- How to find your userPub.pem file on Windows
- Why is my hard drive listed twice?
- Why am I receiving a pop-up about a missing or duplicate .bzvol?
- Where are iCloud files located in my backup? (Mac)
- Migrate data from old computer to new computer with Backblaze
- Why does Backblaze need my private encryption key to restore?
- Version History: Stopping, or resetting progressive billing on the Forever setting.