There are a variety of options for using Linux with B2. These include open-source (free) and commercial applications, command-line (CLI) and graphical interface (GUI) tools, and tools that include encryption, automation, hybrid NAS/B2 support, mounting remote archives as volumes, and other capabilities.
Backblaze also offers an API that can be used to create your own tools that work with B2. That information can be found here: https://www.backblaze.com/b2/docs/
There also is a B2 command line tool that can be used to upload data, and used in scripts to upload data on a schedule. The information on how to install the B2 command line tool is here: https://www.backblaze.com/b2/docs/quick_command_line.html
Linux Applications for B2
Linux-based tools that support B2 include Duplicity, MSP360, qBackup, GoodSync, HashBackup, Duplicacy, and Restic, with more coming. Other options are available for B2 that include NAS support and hybrid solutions.
You can read about third-party tools that support B2 at https://www.backblaze.com/b2/integrations.html.
Duplicity and Restic Tutorials
If you are interested in Duplicity or Restic, we've written articles on how to configure them for use with B2:
B2 Pricing & Cost Calculator
B2 costs are based on the amount of data stored. Information about B2 pricing can be found here: https://www.backblaze.com/b2/cloud-storage-pricing.html
If you wish to compare B2 pricing against major competitors, we have a cost calculator at: https://www.backblaze.com/b2/cloud-storage-pricing.html#calculator
Articles in this section
- Disabling The "Locate My Computer" Feature
- Backblaze Maintenance Schedule
- U.S. East Data Region FAQ
- How to find your userPub.pem file on Windows
- Why is my hard drive listed twice?
- Why am I receiving a pop-up about a missing or duplicate .bzvol?
- Where are iCloud files located in my backup? (Mac)
- Migrate data from old computer to new computer with Backblaze
- Why does Backblaze need my private encryption key to restore?
- Version History: Stopping, or resetting progressive billing on the Forever setting.