The Backblaze application has a built-in restore application that allows you to download files directly to your computer. For other restore methods, please see our restore guide here.
1. Open the Backblaze application, and click Restore Options.
2. In the pop-up menu, select Restore App.
3. Enter the email address that is associated with your Backblaze account, and click Next.
4. In the Computer drop-down menu, select the computer you want to restore files from.
5. To set the time period you wish to restore from, click Set. Adjust the date and time as desired.
6. To select the location your files will be restored to, click Change, and select either Custom Folder, Same location and Skip Identical Files, or Same location and overwrite identical files.
Note: Both "same location" options will skip files if the original location doesn't exist. The same goes for restoring from a Windows computer to a Mac and vice versa. To avoid this, the Custom Folder option should be selected.
6. If you selected Custom Folder, select the folder you want to restore your files to and click Choose Folder.
7. Select the files and folders that you want to restore, and click Restore.
8. The Restore Progress pop-up will display the progress of your restore. Once the restore has been completed, it will be downloaded to the location on your computer that you specified earlier.
Articles in this section
- How to Create a Restore from Your Backblaze Backup
- How to use the restore app
- Apple Address Book Restore Guide
- How to Check the Status of your Restore Drive
- Downloading a Restore
- How do I find the Unlock Code/Encryption Key for my Snapshot drive?
- How to move files from your Restore to your Local Hard Drive.
- I have Extended Version History, how can I find my files?
- How to Order a Restore Drive
- How do I delete files from my Restore Drive?