Error reading files from Restore
"The folder ... can’t be opened because you don’t have permission to see its contents."
Re-enable MacOS permissions for folder
1. Open folder's Info panel
Follow these steps to open the Info panel:
- Right-click the folder icon
- Select "Get Info" from the menu
- When the folder's info panel appears, make sure the "Sharing & Permissions" section is expanded
2. Manually set your account privileges
- In the table under Sharing & Permissions, you should see your current account listed at the top of the Names column with "(Me)" written next to it
- Click on the corresponding dropdown selector in the Privileges column and select "Read & Write"
3. Enable restricted permissions
If enabling "Read & Write" privileges in the previous step does not fully resolve the issue, you can try enabling and applying other restricted options by following these steps:
- In the lower right corner of the Info panel, click on the padlock icon to enable editing of restricted settings
- Enter your MacOS account password to unlock
- Click on the "gear" or "circle with 3 dots" dropdown icon to reveal additional options
- In some cases you may see "Apply to enclosed items" or "Make acctname (Me) the Owner"