How to disable encryption on Backblaze external USB restore hard drives so they don't prompt for a password at every boot or connection.
Note: This applies to hard drives only.
• Download and install WD Security for
• Open the WD Security application you just installed
• If prompted, unlock the drive using the drive's password (screenshots are from a Mac but the Windows version is functionally identical)
• Choose the "Remove Password" radio button, and enter the drive's password in the password field
• Click the "Update Security Settings" button to remove the password
• The drive is now unlocked and will not prompt for future unlocks on any computer