NetApp Cloud Sync can be used with Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage using the S3 Compatible API. NetApp Cloud Sync does not currently support third party S3 compatible APIs as a target component. Instead, we will need to use an IBM Storage target to facilitate connection to B2. In this article, we will be outlining the steps needed to configure this.
You will need to have your local storage configured as an NFS or CIFS share.
We need to outline our storage infrastructure for Cloud Sync this, of course, represents the flow of your data.
Depending on what type of share you have configured locally. Drag the corresponding icon to the source area and the IBM Storage icon to the target area.
Now we will need to configure each step of our configured infrastructure.
Start by defining your NFS of CIFS source in Cloud Sync by passing its address. In this case, we are passing the address of our NFS server which happens to be located on AWS.
Note: Your NFS/CIFS share will need to be publicly accessible for this to work.
We need to tell NetApp where we want to run its Data Broker service. This is essentially the pipeline between your local storage and B2. In this case, we are going to be running this on EC2 instance within AWS.
Proceeding with this step will need authentication by logging into your AWS account.
Next, you will need to select which directories on your NFS/CIFS share you would like to backup.
Next, we will need to configure the IBM Storage Server with our B2-S3 credentials. You can retrieve this information in the “App Keys” section of your Backblaze account.
We can now select the bucket we would like backup data to write to using the following populated list of buckets on your account.
We have now successfully configured our backup infrastructure. At this point, Cloud Sync will start the synchronization of the file backup.
The S3 Compatible API for Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage allows 1000’s of integrations to work with B2 natively. If you’re new to the S3 Compatible API, please see our Getting Started Guide. If you have any trouble using NetApp Cloud Sync with B2, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com
Articles in this section
- Relinking MSP360 Backups After a Cloud to B2 Migration
- How to use Synology Hyper Backup with Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage and B2 Fireball Rapid Ingest
- Veeam Cloud Repository Recovery from Backblaze B2
- Configuring Filezilla Pro to use Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- Configuring QNAP HybridMount to use Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- How to use SimpleBackups with Backblaze B2 Cloud Storage
- How to transfer your photos and videos from Facebook to Backblaze B2
- Copying Active Backup data to Backblaze B2 with Hyper Backup
- Quickstart Guide using S5cmd with B2 Cloud Storage
- Using Arcserve UDP with B2 Cloud Storage