Beginning August 16, 2016, we are releasing a new domain for B2: backblazeb2.com.
This release should be transparent to all users. Backblaze.com will remain available for B2 users until February 2nd, 2017.
Details of the Transition Plan
- All API servers can now be accessed via the new backblazeb2.com. Requests to backblaze.com will be supported until Feburary 2nd, 2017.
- After a successful authentication of b2_authorize_account, the response for apiUrl and downloadUrl returns the new backblazeb2.com domain. If your code already uses these return values for all subsequent calls to the B2 API, no additional changes are required. If you have made a copy of a download URL, please update the domain to backblazeb2.com by Feburary 2nd, 2017.
- Download requests from either domain are supported. Requests to download files from a public bucket using f000.backblaze.com and/or f0001.backblaze.com will redirect to f000.backblazeb2.com or f001.backblazeb2.com, respectively. Web browsers and other http clients should follow redirects for downloads so this change is transparent.
A few things you need to do by Feb. 2nd 2017:
- You will need to call b2_authorize_account using api.backblazeb2.com instead of api.backblaze.com.
- Any place where you have made a copy of a download url, you will need to update the domain from the older backblaze.com to the new backblazeb2.com
In addition, if you are proxying requests to B2 (yourself or via third party) or using a CDN service, you may need to update the forwarding domain from the old backblaze.com to the new backblazeb2.com.
Finally, If you are using a third party tool/software provider in conjunction with B2, please be sure to stay up to date with the latest versions of all tools and software.
Feel Free to Contact Us
As always, we’re here to help! Feel free to reach out to us - FAQs and contact information can be found on our help page.