Depending on its configuration, the Windows firewall may block Backblaze from operating correctly.
1. Open the Control Panel. You can find it in the Start Menu, or by holding the Windows key and pressing R, then typing Control and pressing Enter. Once open, click System and Security
2. Click Allow an app through Windows Firewall
3. Click Change Settings and click OK in the dialog that pops up, then click Allow another app...
4. Click Browse
5. Locate bztransmit.exe or bztransmit64.exe
Navigate to the location of bztransmit and choose the right version for your OS and click Open.
- For Windows XP, it's in C:\Program Files\Backblaze\bztransmit.exe
- For Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 32-bit, it's in C:\Program Files\Backblaze\bztransmit.exe
- For Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 64-bit, it's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Backblaze\bztransmit64.exe
(If you don't know if you're running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows, choose both bztransmit.exe and bztransmit64.exe separately, and perform step 4 twice, once for bztransmit.exe, and again for bztransmit64.exe)