Backblaze has several processes running that are required for various functions of the online backup software. These are listed below and are required for proper operation.
bztransmit.exe - encrypts and transmits files
bztransmit64.exe - encrypts and transmits files on 64-bit operating systems
bzserv.exe - monitors for new and changed files
bzbui.exe - powers the user interface
bzfilelist.exe – generates overall drive analysis
bzdoinstall.exe – manages the installation of automatic updates
bzbmenu – mac client menu management process
bztrans_thread00 - bztrans_thread19 - used to thread uploads, so that multiple files or file chunks can be uploaded at once.
Articles in this section
- Beginner's Guide to Personal/Online Backup
- Is Backblaze able to seed backups?
- Can I prevent backup from using wifi or other networks?
- Does Backblaze Have a Support Service Level Agreement?
- How does Backblaze handle large files?
- What happens if I rename or replace an external drive?
- Issues Report
- What Happens If I Delete A File From My Computer?
- How can I delete files that have already been uploaded?
- How do verify if my .pst files are being backed up?