This indicates that one of your essential Backblaze program/application files are unreadable.
To resolve this issue you will need to uninstall, reinstall, then run an Inherit Backup State.
To uninstall the Backblaze client:
• Mac -- Hold down option and click on the Backblaze menu bar icon and choose Uninstall.
• Windows -- use the Add/Remove Programs utility to remove Backblaze.
Then you can run the Backblaze installer:
1. Go to http://files.backblaze.com
2. Download the client.
3. Reboot the machine fully, to make sure the Backblaze processes are stopped.
4. When the computer has fully rebooted, run the installer and click the, "Install now," button.
After you have the fresh install setup, it will show as a 'trial'. You can resume the backup using Inherit Backup State:
1. Once you have the trial setup, reboot your computer.
2. Once the computer reboots, choose "Inherit Backup State" from the Backblaze menu bar icon (Mac, top right of screen) or task bar icon (Windows, bottom right of screen). If you have trouble try using this link to help you find the menu bar:
3. Provide your email address and password for your Backblaze account and choose "Sign In".
4. In the list, choose the old backup to inherit
It may take some time for the backup to complete the process and resume backing up. You may see all your files queued for back up, but a majority of them should recognize they're already backed up, and "deduplicate" resulting in them updating on the server rather than re-uploading.
If you have followed all of these steps and the error still appears please contact support.
Articles in this section
- Unable to install - Installer must be run as Administrator
- How to use Explainfile on Windows
- How to use Explainfile on Mac
- Why do I keep getting notifications to enable location services? (Windows)
- Why are my drives not updating?
- Take A Screenshot in Windows 10
- How to Roll Back Time
- Collecting Processes List (Windows)
- Collecting processes list (Mac)
- Missing Menu Icon (Mac)