How can I back up MAMP data?
There's no way to include anything within /Applications, and Backblaze won't follow symlinks or aliases. Since MAMP's default installation is in /Applications yet it can contain unique userdata, it poses a difficult situation for users of MAMP to back up to Backblaze.
There are a few workarounds to allow Backblaze to back up MAMP's data:
• The preferred and best method is to change the path of MAMP's Document Root: http://www.mamp.info/en/documentation/faq.html to a location that Backblaze can back up.
• Scheduled copies of your htdocs folder to a location that Backblaze can back up - such as ~/Documents. Something like rsync, cron or launchd can achieve that, but Backblaze does not provide support to set that up.
• Create a hardlink rather than a symlink to the various MAMP items.
Articles in this section
- MacOS 10.14 and later FAQ
- How to backup OneDrive on Mac
- Why is my Vercrypt software preventing my drive from backing up?
- Box Drive files cannot be backed up by Backblaze on Mac
- Will Backblaze back up iCloud Drive on Mac?
- Will Backblaze backup the iCloud drive on Windows?
- Network Management - Wi-Fi Block List
- Can Backblaze backup my OneDrive folder? (Windows)
- Backing Up a Boot Camp Partition
- Backblaze and Bootcamp