Can I select the drive size I get?
When you order a restore drive from Backblaze, the restore size will dictate the size of the drive that you will receive.
An automated process selects the drives that the data will be stored on. Since this is not a manual process, a drive size is not selectable from the user side.
Backblaze stocks a variety of drive sizes from 1 to 8 TB, so the minimum size of a hard drive restore will be 1 TB. All drives are USB 3, with standard USB Type A plugs. Occasionally, a restore drive will be substituted with a drive of greater capacity, due to inventory needs.
If you have more data to restore than will fit on an 8 TB drive, you can order multiple USB restores, each with a portion of the data.
USB hard drives up to 4 TB are powered by USB, so they do not need a power adapter to function. 8 TB USB hard drives will come with a power adapter that has USA spec prongs on it, however the adapter supports up to 240V power systems, so it can be used in non-North American locations with the appropriate plug adapter. Alternately a non-North American user may wish to order two 4 TB restores rather than an 8 TB restore to avoid any compatibility issues.
Articles in this section
- Disabling The "Locate My Computer" Feature
- Backblaze Maintenance Schedule
- U.S. East Data Region FAQ
- How to find your userPub.pem file on Windows
- Why is my hard drive listed twice?
- Why am I receiving a pop-up about a missing or duplicate .bzvol?
- Where are iCloud files located in my backup? (Mac)
- Migrate data from old computer to new computer with Backblaze
- Why does the Backblaze website need my private encryption key to restore?
- Version History: Stopping, or resetting progressive billing on the Forever setting.