On both Mac and Windows, the Backblaze menu contains:
• Backblaze Preferences / Control Panel
• Restore Files
• Check for Updates
• Inherit Backup State
"Check for Updates" is unique to this menu and is not available in the main Backblaze Preferences / Control Panel.
On the Mac, the Backblaze menu is in the main system menu bar (if the menu is not present on your menu bar, you can turn it on by opening the Backblaze System Preference, clicking Settings, and choosing "Show Backblaze icon in the menu bar):
On Windows, the Backblaze icon is in the notification area, also known as the system tray.
If the Backblaze menu icon isn't visible, you may need to click the expansion arrow to reveal it.
Articles in this section
- Disabling The "Locate My Computer" Feature
- Backblaze Maintenance Schedule
- U.S. East Data Region FAQ
- How to find your userPub.pem file on Windows
- Why is my hard drive listed twice?
- Why am I receiving a pop-up about a missing or duplicate .bzvol?
- Where are iCloud files located in my backup? (Mac)
- Migrate data from old computer to new computer with Backblaze
- Why does the Backblaze website need my private encryption key to restore?
- Version History: Stopping, or resetting progressive billing on the Forever setting.